The world is getting smaller every day and more opportunities are within our reach. We invest globally, buy properties overseas, send our children abroad to study and even build new lives in countries far from home.
At HSBC Expat, we understand this new world. And we know how to connect you to the opportunities it offers, with currency management solutions and expertise that can help bring you closer to your financial goals.
- Certainty with live exchange rates* updated minute by minute during market hours and the option to fix your rate in advance if you don't need to make the transfer immediately*
- Peace of mind in the knowledge that your transaction is secure with one of the world's leading international banks
- Global connectivity with international transfers to more than 150 countries - via online banking or by phone
- Accounts and currency exchange in over 20 currencies - from dollar to dirham, rand and renminbi and many more
- Daily online banking transfer limits of up to £50,000 (or currency equivalent) and up to $200,000 (or currency equivalent) when using HSBC's unique Global Transfers service to move money between your eligible worldwide HSBC accounts.
- Sophisticated foreign exchange solutions and support from a team of foreign exchange specialists that can help you reduce currency risk
- Weekly foreign exchange news and forecasts to help you keep pace with currency trends
*Live exchange rates will be provided between the opening hours of the Hong Kong Market on Monday morning (local time) and the close of the New York Market on Friday afternoon (local time) - excluding public holidays and unexpected closures. Transfers made outside of these hours will be based on the most recent closing foreign exchange rates from New York or Hong Kong as applicable, and includes an additional premium in the exchange rate provided.
You should be aware of the potential risk of foreign exchange rates changing. So if you convert your money back to the original currency, you may incur a loss as a result of movements in the markets.