Grab these savings rates before they go.
- Available in US dollar and sterling until 30 June 2020USD 1.60% AER/Gross, GBP 1.25% AER/Gross
- Know exactly how much interest you’ll earnOnce your account is opened, rates are fixed for the 3 month term
- Deposits must be new to HSBC Expat
Minimum deposit GBP/USD 25,000
Maximum deposit GBP/USD 2.5m (GBP/USD 5m for joint accounts)
Things you should know
- deposits must be new to HSBC Expat
- all rates are Gross/AER fixed for 3 months
- interest will be calculated daily and paid at the end of the 3 month term
- you can open an account in each of the currencies
- early deposit withdrawals may incur a fee 1
- at the end of the 3 month term, your deposit plus interest will be paid into your nominated HSBC Expat instant access account
- your nominated HSBC Expat instant access account must be held for the full 3 month term plus one month, and be in the same name and currency as your Savings Booster account
How to apply
HSBC Expat customers
Simply contact your Premier Relationship Manager or call our contact centre on:
Not yet banking with HSBC Expat?
You can apply for a 3 Month Savings Booster once you’ve opened a Bank Account with us.
Our expat bank account stays with you, no matter where life takes you
No matter how many times you move to a different country, your account with us stays the same. And to make life a little bit easier, you can view all of your international HSBC accounts with a single log on.
- Enjoy all the benefits of the HSBC Premier service including a Premier Relationship Manager to help you and your family manage your money
- Complimentary travel security services from WorldAware®
- Choose to open additional savings accounts in up to 19 currencies
- We can help you set up local bank accounts ready for when you arrive in a new country
- Online, phone and mobile banking
Eligibility to join HSBC Expat
To join HSBC Expat, you must be 18 years or over and meet one of these criteria:
- hold a minimum of £50,000 (or currency equivalent) with us
- have a sole salary of £100,000 (or currency equivalent)
- have already qualified for HSBC Premier in another country
Not yet an HSBC Expat customer?
1There is a £50 charge payable for early closures, plus any additional costs to HSBC of funding the repayments. Partial withdrawal of funds is not permitted. Depending on when the withdrawal is made and the amount deposited, you may get back less than originally invested.
If you require emergency access to your funds, please call us to discuss your options.
Fixed Term Deposits may occasionally be unavailable in certain currencies due to public holidays. Interest rates are quoted for indication purposes only and are subject to variation.
AER (Annual Equivalent Rate): This is a notional interest rate which illustrates what the gross rate would be if interest were paid and compounded each year.
Gross: The interest rate before the deduction of tax applicable to interest on savings accounts.
It is your responsibility to report earnings to the appropriate tax authorities. However, all the interest you earn from your accounts may be subject to reporting to relevant tax authorities.
Deposits made with our office in Jersey are not protected deposits under the Hong Kong Deposit Protection Scheme.
JERSEY DEPOSIT PROTECTION SCHEME
HSBC Expat is a participant in the Jersey Bank Depositor Compensation Scheme. The Scheme offers protection for eligible deposits of up to GBP 50,000. The maximum total amount of compensation is capped at GBP 100,000,000 in any 5 year period. Full details of the scheme and banking groups covered are available on the States of Jersey website or on request. Deposits and investments made with our office in Jersey are not protected by the rules made under the UK's Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, including the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, and the UK's Financial Ombudsman Service.
You might be interested in
Fixed Term Deposit
Save for a fixed period with a choice of 19 currencies.
Online Bonus Saver
A flexible online savings account with instant access.
Little Expat Savings Account
An international savings account designed for your children.