Introducing HSBC Expat
An HSBC Expat bank account connects your life abroad with your finances in other parts of the world. It's the one banking relationship you'll always have as an expat, no matter how many times you move.
- Current accounts available in pound sterling, US dollar and euro
- Choose to open additional savings accounts in up to 19 currencies
- Manage foreign currencies and enjoy exclusive rates with our HSBC Expat FX app
- Easy access to your accounts with our mobile banking app, online banking and telephone banking
- Complimentary travel security services from Crisis24
- Receive personal support from our offices in Jersey (Channel Islands) and Hong Kong
- Set up local bank accounts ready for when you arrive in a new country
- Access to insights and expat planning resources including Expat Country guides and tax guidance
Is HSBC Expat for you?
An HSBC Expat account would benefit you, if:
- You've recently moved or are planning to move abroad
- You expect to move regularly between different countries/regions
- You make regular international payments, or have assets abroad
- You have family abroad, such as children studying overseas
Introducing HSBC Expat
To join HSBC Expat, you must be 18 years or over, currently reside in an eligible country/region, and meet one of these criteria:
- hold a minimum of £15,000 (or currency equivalent) with us or;
- have a sole salary of £30,000 (or currency equivalent)
- hold a minimum of £50,000 (or currency equivalent) with us or;
- have a sole salary of £100,000 (or currency equivalent) or;
- have already qualified for HSBC Premier in another country
How to apply
To start your application, please email us with your:
- Full name
- Preferred contact number
- Country/region you're relocating from/to
- Date of relocation
We'll then arrange a call to discuss the application with you. For more information, please email email@example.com and we'll get back to you within 2 working days.
Not ready to apply?
We'd be happy to answer your questions about opening an account with HSBC Expat.
Banking in an offshore jurisdiction
Your Expat bank account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
We may not be able to offer accounts in every country or region.