Supporting your global banking needs
Whether you're living abroad, or have other international banking needs, our award-winning Expat Bank Account is your passport to better global banking.
Ways you can benefit
- Open and pre-fund your account before you move
- Link all your HSBC accounts in different countries, and transfer between them instantly without fee with Global Transfers
- Check the balances of globally held HSBC accounts with Global View
- Multicurrency accounts to suit your needs
Bank with no borders
- Current accounts available in GBP, USD and EUR
- Choose to open additional savings accounts in up to 19 currencies
- Manage foreign currencies and enjoy exclusive rates with our mobile FX services
- Pay like a local with our Global Money Account and multi-currency physical and digital Global Money debit card
Improve financial knowhow
- Global insights into expat life including detailed country guides
- Valuable information about moving, working and living abroad
- Access help and advice on visas, immigration, relocation, property, education and staying safe
- Extensive tax information for popular destinations, as well as answers to frequently asked questions
Is HSBC Expat for you?
Ready to apply for an Expat Bank Account?
Need more information?
Your Expat bank account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
We may not be able to offer accounts in every country or region.
HSBC Expat products and services are available only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by us. The material on these pages is not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions which restrict our distribution of this material. Anyone accessing these pages is required to inform themselves about any relevant restrictions and observe them. Not all products or services mentioned on this website will be available to residents of all countries or regions.
Your tax situation will depend on your personal circumstances and we recommend you obtain independent tax advice. Any tax information is based on our understanding of current and proposed legislation and practice. The legislation and practice may be subject to change.