Fluent in 19 different currencies
What we offer
Enjoy exclusive rates, set up limit orders to automatically convert your money when it hits the desired rate, and access live market insights.
Personalised FX plan
Get rewarded for your loyalty, with personalised rates offered exclusively for customers who have exchanged over USD 325,000 or currency equivalent in the previous year.
Set up a Limit Order on our FX app or over the phone, and we’ll convert your currency as soon as the exchange rate reaches the agreed level.
Fee-free global transfers
Move up to USD 200,000 or the currency equivalent between your eligible accounts in online banking or via the FX app.
Foreign exchange currenciesExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
To benefit from our FX services you’ll need to become a HSBC Expat customer.
Our expat bank account stays with you, no matter where life takes you
No matter how many times you move to a different country, your account with us stays the same. And to make life a little bit easier, you can view all of your international HSBC accounts with a single log on.
- Enjoy all the benefits of the HSBC Premier service including a Premier Relationship Manager to help you and your family manage your money
- Complimentary travel security services from WorldAware®
- Choose to open additional savings accounts in up to 19 currencies
- We can help you set up local bank accounts ready for when you arrive in a new country
- 24/7 online, phone and mobile banking
Bank and savings accounts currenciesExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
To join HSBC Expat, you must be 18 years or over and meet one of these criteria:
- hold a minimum of £50,000 (or currency equivalent) with us
- have a sole salary of £100,000 (or currency equivalent)
- have already qualified for HSBC Premier in another country
How to apply
Not yet a HSBC Expat customer?
Things you should know
Your Expat bank account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
We may not be able to offer accounts in every country or territory1.
You might be interested in
1HSBC Expat products and services are available only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by us. The material on these pages is not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions which restrict the distribution of this material by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about any relevant restrictions and observe them. Not all products or services mentioned on this website will be available to residents of all countries, due to HSBC Policy.