Access your money worldwide, including local currency withdrawals and payments
Use your card worldwide
- Use in any outlet that displays the Visa or Mastercard logo on your card
- ATM locator to help you find where you're able to use your visa debit or credit card abroad
- Fees apply and non-HSBC cash machines may also charge a fee[@cashwithdrawals]
Security while travelling
- We automatically monitor accounts for unusual foreign transactions
- We look out for possible fraud and declined transactions
- If you have a joint account you both need to notify us. For credit cards, only the primary cardholders needs to give us travel notifications
How to use your card abroad
Overseas usage fees
Cost illustration (Visa)
Cost illustration (Mastercard)
Travelling in the EEA
Let us know when you're travelling
Start using your card abroad
Already with Expat?
New to Expat?
You might be interested in
Staying safe abroad
Crisis24 security services offers international risk management for all Expat customers, covering everything from travel safety to identity theft.