Prepare for a world of opportunities
Living in another country can be exciting - and overwhelming. There are new places to explore, new people to meet and new customs to embrace - not to mention the financial hurdles to overcome.
Over many years, we've helped thousands of customers understand the complexities of dealing with their finances when living or working abroad. The specialist services we provide make it easier for expats to manage their money, making it easier to get on with the more exciting parts of living overseas.
Access expert support
Wherever you go, our expat services can help you make the most of your global finances.
- Our expert FX advice can help reduce the impact of exchange rate movements.
- Benefit from a relationship manager to help you and your family manage your money.[@premieronly]
- Access tools and information to help you understand your tax commitments at home and abroad.
- Crisis24 security services offers international risk management for all Expat customers, covering everything from travel safety to identity theft.
Get connected to your money
Discover products and services that could make your journey go more smoothly.
- Our multi-currency account available in GBP, EUR or USD.
- Save in up to 19 currencies with our range of instant access and fixed-term savings accounts for expats.
- From simple currency transactions to complex international financial management, FX services help you capitalise on our global expertise.
- Mortgage services for buying or remortgaging a UK property while living abroad.[@mortgagedisclaimer]
- Access your account anytime, anywhere with mobile and online banking.
Ready to apply?
Your HSBC Expat Bank Account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
We may not be able to offer accounts in every country or region. We recommend you seek independent tax advice for your jurisdiction and personal circumstances.[@expat-disclaimer]
You might be interested in
What is offshore banking?
Discover how offshore bank accounts can help you manage your international finances.
View all your bank accounts, convert currency, make global transfers and get market insights with our FX app.