Managing your wealth with HSBC Expat
It’s easy to start investing online. You can complete and return documents digitally, without needing to print or scan them.
Already an HSBC Expat customer?
What we offer
- Get lower upfront advised investment feesYou can get reduced fees on new investments from 3% to 2% on lump sums (up to £500,000, or currency equivalent) and a one off fee of £395 on regular investments, if you haven't invested in the last 12 months. Limited offer ends 31 March. Terms and conditions apply (PDF)
- Our wealth managers know expats, because most of them are expats.
- Invest in a way that suits youChoose from ready-made portfolios, single asset class funds or shares.
- Current account available in GBP, USD and EURKeep your account in one place while you focus on expat life.
Portfolio Investment funds
Single Asset Class funds
Use our wealth calculators to help understand your financial position and how you could achieve your goals.
To benefit from our wealth and investment options you’ll need to become a HSBC Expat customer.
HSBC Expat Bank Account
To take advantage of our wealth services, you’ll need an HSBC Expat Bank Account – our current account that's tailor-made for people living abroad. It'll stay with you no matter how many times you move and you can even set it up in advance so it's ready when you arrive.
- Open your first HSBC Expat account and get £200 on us* when you fund £50,000 and register for digital banking within 3 months of opening your account.*Or currency equivalent. Limited offer ends 31 March. Terms and conditions apply (PDF)
- Enjoy an extra 0.20% AER / Gross welcome bonus interest on GBP, USD, HKD and AED Fixed Term Deposit accounts opened within 90 days of opening your first Expat bank account. Terms and conditions apply (PDF)
- current accounts in sterling, US dollars or euro
- open additional savings accounts in Hong Kong dollar, United Arab Emirates dirham, Australian dollar and 16 other currencies
- travel security services from WorldAware®
- an easy way to manage your forex needs with the HSBC Expat FX App
- 24/7 phone, online banking and mobile banking app
- a relationship manager to help you and your family manage your money
- international offices based in Jersey (Channel Islands) and Hong Kong
Your Expat account provides a place for the money you want to grow in a convenient, central location. It connects to your home account – for financial commitments in your home country, and your local accounts – for everyday expenses in the country you’ve moved to. Allowing you to manage all of your eligible HSBC accounts from one place.
New HSBC Expat customers must be 18 years or over and meet one of these criteria:
- hold a minimum of £50,000 (or currency equivalent) with us
- have a sole salary of £100,000 (or currency equivalent)
- have already qualified for HSBC Premier in another country
How to apply
Not yet an HSBC Expat customer?
You're only a few steps away from joining us online.
Already an HSBC Expat customer?
Things you should know
Your Expat bank account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
We may not be able to offer accounts in every country or region1.
HSBC Expat is a participant in the Jersey Bank Depositors Compensation Scheme. The Scheme offers protection for eligible deposits of up to £50,000. The maximum total amount of compensation is capped at £100,000,000 in any 5 year period. Full details of the Scheme and banking groups covered are available on the States of Jersey website, or on request.
It's important to understand that the value of investments, and any income received from them, can fall as well as rise. A return on your investment isn't guaranteed and you may not get back the amount you invested. This could also happen as a result of changes in currency exchange rates, particularly where overseas securities are held or where investments are converted from one currency to another. We always recommend that any Investments held should be viewed as a medium to long-term investment, for at least five years.
You might be interested in
1HSBC Expat products and services are available only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by us. The material on these pages is not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions which restrict the distribution of this material by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about any relevant restrictions and observe them. Not all products or services mentioned on this website will be available to residents of all countries/regions, due to HSBC Policy.