Managing your wealth with HSBC Expat
It’s easy to start investing online. You can complete and return documents digitally, without needing to print or scan them.
Already an HSBC Expat customer?
What we offer
Portfolio Investment funds
Single Asset Class funds
To benefit from our wealth and investment options you’ll need to become a HSBC Expat customer.
HSBC Expat Bank Account
To take advantage of our wealth services, you’ll need an HSBC Expat Bank Account – our current account that's tailor-made for people living abroad. It'll stay with you no matter how many times you move and you can even set it up in advance so it's ready when you arrive.
- Enjoy an extra 0.20% AER / Gross welcome bonus interest on GBP, USD, HKD and AED Fixed Term Deposit accounts opened within 90 days of opening your first Expat bank account. Terms and conditions apply (PDF)
- Save up to 40% on foreign exchange if you’ve recently joined HSBC Expat, and make your first transaction between $75,000 and $149,999 over the phone. Eligible for new joiners from 2 November to 31 December on transactions until 31 January 2021. Terms and conditions apply (PDF)
- current accounts in sterling, US dollars or euro
- open additional savings accounts in Hong Kong dollar, United Arab Emirates dirham, Australian dollar and 16 other currencies
- travel security services from WorldAware®
- an easy way to manage your forex needs with the HSBC Expat FX App
- 24/7 phone, online banking and mobile banking app
- a relationship manager to help you and your family manage your money
- international offices based in Jersey (Channel Islands) and Hong Kong
Your Expat account provides a place for the money you want to grow in a convenient, central location. It connects to your home account – for financial commitments in your home country, and your local accounts – for everyday expenses in the country you’ve moved to. Allowing you to manage all of your eligible HSBC accounts from one place.
New HSBC Expat customers must be 18 years or over and meet one of these criteria:
- hold a minimum of £50,000 (or currency equivalent) with us
- have a sole salary of £100,000 (or currency equivalent)
- have already qualified for HSBC Premier in another country
How to apply
Not yet an HSBC Expat customer?
You're only a few steps away from joining us online.
Already an HSBC Expat customer?
Things you should know
Your Expat bank account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
We may not be able to offer accounts in every country or region1.
You might be interested in
1HSBC Expat products and services are available only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by us. The material on these pages is not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions which restrict the distribution of this material by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about any relevant restrictions and observe them. Not all products or services mentioned on this website will be available to residents of all countries/regions, due to HSBC Policy.