While managing your investments is a top priority, it may require more time and attention than your busy expat schedule allows. HSBC's Core Multi-Asset Solution (CMS) offers a discretionary portfolio designed for investors who want peace of mind and the time to focus on other priorities.
The CMS portfolios are available across 4 risk profiles, all of which are managed on these common principles:
- active asset allocation: the core driver of your portfolio’s performance returns is a set of asset allocation choices driven by HSBC Private Banking
- rigorous rebalancing: your portfolio will benefit from a disciplined process of rebalancing, intended to optimise long-term risk and returns
- risk management: central to the investment philosophy is putting controls in place so that any activity undertaken in your portfolio is within the defined risk parameters
How it works
Your wealth manager will refer you to HSBC Private Banking (C.I.) a division of HSBC Bank plc, Guernsey Branch which is licensed by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission for Banking, Insurance and Investment Business.
Once invested, you will be kept fully informed every step of the way. You'll receive regular statements which include market updates and trading commentaries.
A discretionary approach to managing your wealth means HSBC Private Banking (C.I.) investment managers will aim to continuously optimise the portfolios in accordance with global market trends.
Core multi-asset solutions
Core multi-asset solutions (CMS) provides broad coverage of the risk spectrum through a mix of equity and fixed income, and seeks to deliver cost-effective exposure with a blend of exchange traded funds (ETFs), and low cost funds.
- you must be an existing HSBC Expat customer and have a total relationship balance of £500,000 (or currency equivalent)
- you must be looking to invest a minimum of £250,000 (or currency equivalent)
How to invest
Make an appointment
Set up an appointment with one of our Wealth Managers.
Please note, your location may limit the range of information and services you can receive from us.
We'll advise and make recommendations for you after we've assessed your needs.
New to HSBC Expat?
You can apply once you have opened an HSBC Expat Bank Account with us.
Remember, the value of investments is not guaranteed - you may not get back the amount you invested, and any income received from them can fall as well as rise. This could also result from changes in currency exchange rates, particularly where overseas securities are held or where investments are converted from one currency to another. We always recommend that any investments should be considered as medium to long-term holdings of least 5 years.
You might be interested in
Portfolio investment funds
We make it simple to invest at your preferred level of risk, with a range of portfolios.
Stay ahead of global trends and events with the latest investment insight and market updates.