Banking designed for your desktop
Start using online banking
Why bank online?
Here are some of the key features of our online banking service:
- All your accounts in one placeSee a detailed view of your balance and transactions, and link eligible HSBC accounts in other countries to see everything in one place.
- Move money with easeMake payments or transfer money to your other HSBC accounts or existing payees quickly and easily.
- Switch to paperlessIf you switch to online statements, you can view or download them whenever you want.
- Security as standardLog on and know that your accounts and transactions are safe.
- International transfersTransfer money to over 150 countries worldwide in a choice of over 20 currencies.
- Free UK bill paymentsYou won't be charged to make online payments to more than 700 UK companies.
- Live exchange ratesGet real-time exchange rates during market hours, so you know the exact rate applied to your currency transfers.1
Never lose a bank statement
Tired of misplacing your paperwork? Or are your financial files fit to burst? Switch to online statements and you'll never have to file your bank statements again. Once you opt-in, you can quickly and securely access digital copies of your statements any time.
Digital bank statements are in the same format as hardcopies. The only thing that changes is the way you receive them. And if you ever need a paper copy of a statement, you can give us a call or visit us at your local branch to request one.
Need some help with your statements? See our online statement FAQs.
Online banking security
Your safety is paramount to us. Our online banking service is protected by industry-leading security technologies, providing the strongest defence against unauthorised access. We offer two log-on options for your convenience.
This allows you to log on with a user name and password. When you log on with passwords, you can carry out simple day-to-day banking tasks.
This is an electronic portable security device which adds an extra layer of security to online banking. When you log on with the device, you get access to the full online banking service.
Get started with online banking
Registering for online banking is easy and only takes a few minutes.
All you need is:
- an active HSBC Expat account
- your 10-digit Personal Banking Number (PBN)
- your 6-digit Direct Banking PIN
- an HSBC Expat Secure Key.
You'll find your PBN on the welcome letter (or email) we sent when you opened your account with us. We also posted your Direct Banking PIN and Secure Key to you separately in two other envelopes. As part of the registration process, you will need to accept our Online Banking Terms and Conditions. You can download a copy of our Online Banking Terms and Conditions from Forms and downloads.
Before you register, we strongly recommend that you install Trusteer Rapport security software. Rapport will lock down the connection between your internet browser and HSBC, preventing any malicious software from monitoring what you type. Rapport is designed to compliment your existing anti-virus software.
New to online banking?
If you've never used the service, you need to register first.
If you're already registered for online banking, you can log on now.
Frequently asked questions
How secure is online banking?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
How will I know if I've received a message from you?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Why do some online banking pages not display correctly?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Why can't I log on to online banking for another HSBC entity or view my statements?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
What browsers and operating systems are supported?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
What if I've forgotten my PBN or PIN?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
1Live exchange rates available during Hong Kong, London and New York market hours - excluding public holidays and unexpected closures. Transfers made outside of these hours will be based on the most recent closing foreign exchange rates as applicable, and includes an additional premium in the exchange rate provided.