Banking designed for your desktop
Start using online banking
Why bank online?
Here are some of the key features of our online banking service:
- All your accounts in one placeSee a detailed view of your balance and transactions, and link eligible HSBC accounts in other countries to see everything in one place.
- Move money with easeMake payments or transfer money to your other HSBC accounts or existing payees quickly and easily.
- Switch to paperlessIf you switch to online statements, you can view or download them whenever you want.
- Security as standardLog on and know that your accounts and transactions are safe.
- International transfersTransfer money to over 150 countries worldwide in a choice of over 20 currencies.
- Free UK bill paymentsYou won't be charged to make online payments to more than 700 UK companies.
- Live exchange ratesGet real-time exchange rates during market hours, so you know the exact rate applied to your currency transfers.1
Never lose a bank statement
Tired of misplacing your paperwork? Or are your financial files fit to burst? Switch to online statements and you'll never have to file your bank statements again. Once you opt-in, you can quickly and securely access digital copies of your statements any time.
Digital bank statements are in the same format as hardcopies. The only thing that changes is the way you receive them. And if you ever need a paper copy of a statement, you can give us a call or visit us at your local branch to request one.
Need some help with your statements? See our online statement FAQs.
Online banking security
Your safety is paramount to us. Our online banking service is protected by industry-leading security technologies, providing the strongest defence against unauthorised access. We offer two log-on options for your convenience.
This allows you to log on with a user name and password. When you log on with passwords, you can carry out simple day-to-day banking tasks.
This is an electronic portable security device which adds an extra layer of security to online banking. When you log on with the device, you get access to the full online banking service.
Get started with online banking
You’ll need all of the following before you can register for online banking:
- an active HSBC Expat account
- your 10-digit Personal Banking Number (PBN)
- your 6-digit Direct Banking PIN
- an HSBC Expat Secure Key.
Each item is sent out individually for security reasons. You'll find your PBN on the welcome letter (or email) that we sent when you opened your account with us. We sent your Direct Banking PIN and Secure Key to you in 2 separate envelopes via airmail or courier.
All items are issued from our head office in Jersey and may take 5-10 days to reach you, depending on your location. If you haven’t received the items within 14 days of opening your account, please call us on +44 1534 616 313 if you're a Premier customer or +44 1534 616 212 if you're an Advance customer.
As part of the registration process, you will need to accept our Online Banking Terms and Conditions. You can download a copy of our Online Banking Terms and Conditions from Forms and downloads.
Before you register, we strongly recommend that you install Trusteer Rapport security software. Rapport will lock down the connection between your internet browser and HSBC, preventing any malicious software from monitoring what you type. Rapport is designed to complement your existing anti-virus software.
New to online banking?
If you've never used the service, you need to register first.
If you're already registered for online banking, you can log on now.
Frequently asked questions
How secure is online banking?
How will I know if I've received a message from you?
Why do some online banking pages not display correctly?
Why can't I log on to online banking for another HSBC entity or view my statements?
What browsers and operating systems are supported?
What if I've forgotten my PBN or PIN?
1Live exchange rates available during Hong Kong, London and New York market hours - excluding public holidays and unexpected closures. Transfers made outside of these hours will be based on the most recent closing foreign exchange rates as applicable, and includes an additional premium in the exchange rate provided.