Multiple currencies, one account
One account, a world of opportunities
- Hold up to 19 currencies in a single account
- Enjoy our best foreign exchange rates - aligned with the market and refreshed regularly[@gma-fx-rates]
- Pay no extra cost to open or hold your Global Money Account and manage everything from your mobile
- Transfer in up to 58 currencies, with no HSBC fees to pay
The card that lets you spend like a local
- Spend in 18 currencies - including EUR, USD, HKD, AED - directly from your Global Money Account
- Get a physical and digital card you can manage in the app
- Convert currencies from your GBP balance when you spend, and enjoy competitive pricing aligned with the market and refreshed regularly. Fees may apply[@local-and-cash-machine-fees]
- Use with Apple Pay™ or Google Pay™
Quick, convenient global transfers
- Make instant global transfers between HSBC accounts
- Send money to non-HSBC accounts in 1-3 days
- Fee-free international payments made via Global Money
- View and manage all your HSBC accounts in one place with Global View and Global Transfers
Things to know
Who can apply?
To get a Global Money Account, you'll need to have:
- an HSBC Expat Bank Account and be registered for online banking
- the HSBC Expat Mobile Banking app
Get started with Global Money
Don't have an account with us?
Frequently asked questions
Which currencies are available?
How much does a Global Money Account cost?
What exchange rate do I get for payments from a Global Money Account?
How do I activate my Global Money Account?
How do I add funds to my Global Money Account?
You might be interested in
HSBC accounts around the world? We've made moving money between them simple with our Global View and Global Transfer services.