Global knowledge and local insight
Invest in our funds
- Diversification built-inThe fund range includes all types of assets, from shares and bonds, to alternative investment types.
- Competitive advantageOur global presence and experience in emerging markets gives our fund managers valuable local knowledge.
- Risk managementOur fund managers work within strict control parameters, so they develop investment strategies focused on risk management.
- Available in a range of currenciesHSBC Global Investment funds are offered in euros, US dollars and British pound sterling.
HSBC Global Investment funds are suited to investors who like to make their own investment decisions, or want to invest in a particular market.
They can be approached in three distinct ways:
- By asset classYou can invest through equity and bond funds, or other types of funds that invest in freely traded securities, money market instruments and other liquid assets.
- By investment objectives or themeYou can invest in markets that may be of particular interest to you, like climate change, or regional and single country funds.
- Emerging marketsOur comprehensive global emerging markets offering is backed by our emerging markets and Asian equity research teams; and managed by lead managers with local knowledge and regular access to the companies they invest in.
Key Investor Information (KIIDS)
The KIIDS documents provide you with key investor information about this fund - it is not marketing material. The information is required by law to help you understand the nature and the risks of investing in this fund. You are advised to read it so you can make an informed decision about whether to invest.
Things you should know
Please read for more information about HSBC Global Investment funds.
How to invest
To invest in any of our funds, you’ll need to set up a Freedom Plus account – this part of the application process and is simple to do. Your investment funds will be held in the Freedom Plus investment platform.
With a Freedom Plus account you can:
- enjoy the potential benefits of an offshore investment
- buy, sell and switch your investments within Freedom Plus funds
- quickly and easily apply for additional investments within the Freedom Plus range
- call and email our Jersey based fund administration team to discuss your requirement
How to apply
You can apply online for HSBC Global Investment Funds. Once you’ve logged on you’ll need to select Global investment funds from the Wealth Dashboard.
New to HSBC Expat
You can apply for HSBC Global Investment Funds once you have opened an HSBC Expat Bank Account with us.
Please remember that the value of investments is not guaranteed and you may not get back the amount you invested, and any income received from them can fall as well as rise. This could also happen as a result of changes in currency exchange rates, particularly where overseas securities are held or where investments are converted from one currency to another. We always recommend that any investments held should be viewed as a medium to long-term investment, at least five years.
Economies in emerging markets generally are heavily dependent upon international trade and, accordingly, have been and may continue to be affected adversely by trade barriers, exchange controls, managed adjustments in relative currency values and other protectionist measures imposed or negotiated by the countries with which they trade.
You might be interested in
Offers exclusively for Expat customers
Giving you even more reasons to enjoy life overseas.
Make the most of your money, whatever stage of your life.