For banking in global currencies, we're right with you
Your Expat account provides a place for your money to grow in a convenient, central location. It connects to your home account, for financial commitments in your home country, and to your local accounts, for everyday expenses in the country you’ve moved to. Allowing you to manage all your eligible HSBC accounts from one place.
- Open your first HSBC Expat account and get £200 on usWhen you fund £50,000 and register for digital banking within 3 months of opening your account. Or currency equivalent. Limited offer ends 31 March. Terms and conditions apply (PDF)
- Enjoy an extra 0.20% AER / Gross welcome bonus interest on GBP, USD, HKD and AED Fixed Term Deposit accounts opened within 90 days of opening your first Expat bank account. Terms and conditions apply (PDF)
- Current accounts available in Pound sterling, United States dollar and Euro
- Choose to open additional savings accounts in Hong Kong dollar, United Arab Emirates dirham, Australian dollar and up to 16 other currencies
- Manage your Forex needs and get exclusive rates with our HSBC Expat FX App
- Easy access to your accounts with our mobile banking app, online banking and 24/7 telephone banking
- Complimentary travel security services from WorldAware®
- Visa debit card available in sterling and US dollar, with contactless payments on US dollar
- Receive personal support from our offices in Jersey (Channel Islands) and Hong Kong
- Set up local bank accounts ready for when you arrive in a new country
- Enjoy all the benefits of the HSBC Premier service including a Premier Relationship Manager to help you and your family manage your money
- hold a minimum of £50,000 (or currency equivalent) with us
- have a sole salary of £100,000 (or currency equivalent)
- have already qualified for HSBC Premier in another country
And you must currently reside or be situated in an eligible country or region.
Which countries and regions are eligible to apply for a HSBC Expat Current Account
How to apply
Not yet an HSBC Expat customer?
You’re only a few steps away from joining us online.
|Already an HSBC Expat customer?|
Things you should know
Your Expat bank account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
We may not be able to offer accounts in every country or region1.
You might be interested in
Compare interest rates
View our interest rates on our range of savings accounts in up to 19 currencies.
Fixed Term Deposit
Save for a fixed period with a choice of 19 currencies.
1HSBC Expat products and services are available only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by us. The material on these pages is not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions which restrict the distribution of this material by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about any relevant restrictions and observe them. Not all products or services mentioned on this website will be available to residents of all countries/territories, due to HSBC Policy.