Fluent in 19 different currencies
What we offer
- Manage your foreign exchange needs with our mobile banking app and bespoke services.
- Current account available in GBP, USD and EURKeep your account in one place while you focus on expat life.
- Choose between instant access and fixed-term savings accounts.
- Open a Global Money account to make payments in 19 different currencies using only one account.
Global Money Account for your multi-currency needs
- One account, multiple currencies – store up to 19 currencies
- Fee-free international payments - no HSBC fees on payments made via Global Money
- Send money like a local - make payments to accounts around the world, quicker and easier than ever before
- Competitive pricing - enjoy our best fx rates aligned with the market and refreshed regularly1
Mobile FX services
Manage your FX needs with your mobile banking app. Access real-time rates, set rate alerts and watch the status of your rates.
Personalised FX plan
Get rewarded for your loyalty, with personalised rates offered exclusively for customers who have exchanged over USD 325,000 or currency equivalent in the previous year.
Set up a Limit Order on our FX app or over the phone, and we’ll convert your currency as soon as the exchange rate reaches the agreed level.
Fee-free global transfers
Move up to USD 200,000 or the currency equivalent between your eligible accounts in online banking or via the FX app.
Foreign exchange currencies
To benefit from our FX services you’ll need to become an HSBC Expat customer.
Our expat bank account stays with you, no matter where life takes you
No matter how many times you move to a different country, your account with us stays the same. And to make life a little bit easier, you can view all of your international HSBC accounts with a single log on.
- Current accounts available in Pound sterling, United States dollar and Euro
- Open additional savings accounts in Hong Kong dollar, United Arab Emirates dirham, Australian dollar and 16 other currencies
- Open a Global Money account to make payments in 19 different currencies using only one account
- Global Money transfers. Fee-free transfers made via mobile banking
- Access you accounts any time with our mobile banking app, online banking and telephone banking
- Manage your foreign exchange needs and get exclusive rates with our FX mobile services on our mobile banking app
- International offices based in Jersey (Channel Islands) and Hong Kong
- Get help setting up your local bank accounts for when you arrive in a new country
- Complimentary travel security services from Crisis24
Your Expat account provides a place for your money to grow in a convenient, central location. It connects to your home account, for financial commitments in your home country, and to your local accounts, for everyday expenses in the country you’ve moved to. Allowing you to manage all your eligible HSBC accounts from one place.
View our list of all available bank and savings accounts currencies
How to apply
You're only a few steps away from joining us online.
Banking in an offshore jurisdiction
Your Expat bank account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
We may not be able to offer accounts in every country or region.3
You might be interested in
Global Money Account
Make quick and easy payments across borders with an HSBC Expat Global Money Account.
1We draw on a combination of factors to provide Global Money Account users with competitive conversion rates, quoted to you at the time of making the transfer. You'll receive the HSBC Exchange Rate before you complete a transaction. This rate refreshes every 90 seconds to align to market exchange rates. The HSBC Exchange Rate includes the HSBC cost rate and a foreign currency conversion margin.
3HSBC Expat products and services are available only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by us. The material on these pages is not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions which restrict the distribution of this material by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about any relevant restrictions and observe them. Not all products or services mentioned on this website will be available to residents of all countries/regions, due to HSBC Policy.