Banking and support for expats in Hong Kong
Whether you’re an expat settling in to life in Discovery Bay or thinking of leaving Hong Kong Island for new opportunities abroad, our award-winning overseas bank account lets you keep your finances in one secure location.
Your expat bank account connects to your home account, for financial commitments in your home country / region, and to your local accounts, for everyday expenses in the country / region you’ve moved to. Allowing you to manage all your eligible HSBC accounts with a single log on.
How can HSBC help?
Our international banking service is built around people with a busy international lifestyle, who want to make the most of every opportunity.
- Multicurrency accounts available in Pound sterling, United States dollar and Euro
- Savings accounts in Hong Kong dollar and up to 18 other currencies
- Receive personal support from our office in Hong Kong
- Manage your forex needs and get exclusive rates with our HSBC Expat FX App
- Access your accounts anytime with mobile, online and telephone banking
- Complimentary travel security services from WorldAware®
- Enjoy all the benefits of the HSBC Premier service including a Premier Relationship Manager
To join HSBC Expat, you must be 18 years or over and meet one of these criteria:
- hold a minimum of £50,000 (or currency equivalent) with us
- have a sole salary of £100,000 (or currency equivalent)
- have already qualified for HSBC Premier in another country or region
And you must currently reside or be situated in an eligible country or region.
Which countries and regions are eligible to apply for HSBC Expat?
How to apply
You’re only a few steps away from joining us online.
Living and working in Hong Kong
Thinking of moving abroad or leaving Hong Kong for a new assignment? Explore our Expat Guides on popular expat destinations.
Banking in an offshore jurisdiction
Your HSBC Expat Bank Account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
We may not be able to offer accounts in every country or region.1
1 HSBC Expat products and services are available only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by us. The material on these pages is not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions which restrict the distribution of this material by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about any relevant restrictions and observe them. Not all products or services mentioned on this website will be available to residents of all countries, due to HSBC Policy