Could you benefit from our international banking expertise?
Our experience of helping expats manage their finances means that we could be well placed to support customers like you who have international financial interests in different countries, but are not based abroad.
You may cross borders frequently for work, enjoy rental income from overseas properties or need to regularly transfer money in different currencies - some of the same challenges we help our expat customers with every day.
Get connected to expert support
- Wealth Managersto help you achieve your financial goals with a range of global investment solutions that can adapt as your needs and goals evolve1
- Foreign exchange specialiststo help you manage the impact of exchange rate fluctuations and other risks when dealing with a number of currencies
- Expat tax resourcesto help you understand your tax commitments at home and abroad
- WorldAware® security servicesan international team of risk management specialists who cover everything from travel safety to identity theft
Get connected to your money
- Bank accountsavailable in sterling, US dollars and euro
- A great choice of savings accountsfeaturing instant access and fixed term accounts in up to 19 currencies
- Foreign exchange servicesfor when you need to move money around the world
- Anytime bankingwith 24/7 telephone, online and mobile banking
- Specialist lending solutionsincluding mortgage services if you're looking to buy or remortgage a property in the UK while you're living abroad2
Banking in an offshore jurisdiction
Your HSBC Expat Bank Account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
We may not be able to offer accounts in every country or region.3
1Please remember that the value of investments, and any income from them can fall as well as rise, is not guaranteed and you may not get back the amount you invested. This could also happen as a result of changes in currency exchange rates, particularly where overseas securities are held or where investments are converted from one currency to another. We always recommend that any investments held should be viewed as a medium to long-term investment, at least five years. This service is not currently available in Hong Kong.
3HSBC Expat products and services are available only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by us. The material on these pages is not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions which restrict the distribution of this material by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about any relevant restrictions and observe them. Not all products or services mentioned on this website will be available to residents of all countries, due to HSBC Policy
Your tax situation will depend on your personal circumstances and we recommend you obtain independent tax advice. Any tax information is based on our understanding of current and proposed legislation and practice. The legislation and practice may be subject to change.