Prosper with the help of our specialist expat banking service
As an expat, you look to embrace every opportunity for professional and personal development that life offers. And your time is increasingly precious to you as your work, financial and family commitments grow.
Opening an account with us will give you a valuable connection between the life you've established abroad and your finances in other parts of the world. It's the one banking relationship you know you'll always have as an expat, no matter how many times you move in the future.
Take your first steps today
Download our brochure (PDF, 1.3MB) to find out more or apply for an HSBC Expat account online.
Stay connected to your money
- Anytime bankingWith 24/7 phone, online and mobile banking for expats on the go
- Bank accountsAvailable in sterling, US dollars and euro currencies
- A great choice of savings accountsFeaturing instant access and fixed term accounts in up to 19 currencies
- Foreign exchange servicesFor when you need to move money around the world
- Specialist lending solutionsIncluding mortgage services if you're looking to buy or remortgage a property in the UK while you're living abroad1
Stay connected to expert support
- Wealth ManagersTo help you achieve your financial goals with a range of global investment solutions that can adapt as your needs and goals evolve2
- Foreign exchange specialistsTo help reduce the impact of exchange rate movements
- Expat tax resourcesTo help you understand your tax commitments at home and abroad
- World Aware® security servicesOffering expert advice on minimising risks and providing support while you're living abroad
- International account openingWhen you know where you're moving next
2Please remember that the value of investments, and any income from them can fall as well as rise, is not guaranteed and you may not get back the amount you invested. This could also happen as a result of changes in currency exchange rates, particularly where overseas securities are held or where investments are converted from one currency to another. We always recommend that any investments held should be viewed as a medium to long-term investment, at least five years. This service is not currently available in Hong Kong.
Your tax situation will depend on your personal circumstances and we recommend you obtain independent tax advice. Any tax information is based on our understanding of current and proposed legislation and practice. The legislation and practice may be subject to change.