Helping you prepare for the journey of a lifetime
Moving to another country is a life-changing experience. There are new places to explore, new people to meet, new customs to embrace - each day is full of adventure and discovery.
As you look ahead to your new life abroad, it's natural to feel excited and at times overwhelmed.
We know from the thousands of customers we've helped over many years that their finances become more complex when they move abroad. The specialist services we provide make it easier for new expats to manage their money, saving you time when you're settling into your new home.
Get connected to expert support
- International account openingSo you can have a local bank account ready when you arrive at your new destination
- Foreign exchange specialistsTo help reduce the impact of exchange rate movements
- Wealth ManagersTo help you achieve your financial goals with a range of global investment solutions1
- Expat tax resourcesTo help you understand your tax commitments at home and abroad
- WorldAware® security servicesWith advice on how to minimise safety risks for you and your family and provision of emergency support abroad
- Expat ExplorerCountry guides cover the most popular expat destinations and our annual survey provides valuable insights from thousands of people already living abroad
Get connected to your money
- With 24/7 phone, online and mobile banking for expats on the go
- Available in sterling, US dollars and euro
- A great choice of savings accountsFeaturing instant access and fixed term accounts in up to 19 currencies
- Foreign exchange servicesFor when you need to move money around the world
- Specialist lending solutionsIncluding mortgage services if you're looking to buy or remortgage a property in the UK while you're living abroad2
Banking in an offshore jurisdiction
Your HSBC Expat Bank Account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
We may not be able to offer accounts in every country or region.3
1 Please remember that the value of investments, and any income from them can fall as well as rise, is not guaranteed and you may not get back the amount you invested. This could also happen as a result of changes in currency exchange rates, particularly where overseas securities are held or where investments are converted from one currency to another. We always recommend that any investments held should be viewed as a medium to long-term investment, at least five years. This service is not currently available in Hong Kong.
3 HSBC Expat products and services are available only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by us. The material on these pages is not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions which restrict the distribution of this material by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about any relevant restrictions and observe them. Not all products or services mentioned on this website will be available to residents of all countries, due to HSBC Policy.
Your tax situation will depend on your personal circumstances and we recommend you obtain independent tax advice. Any tax information is based on our understanding of current and proposed legislation and practice. The legislation and practice may be subject to change.