Fixed term savings that put you in control
- Enjoy our best interest ratesBenefit from interest rates that track the market. Interest rates vary daily so please refer to our interest rates tool for indicative rates.
- Choose from a range of 19 global currenciesSave in a currency of your choice, that best meets your needs.
- Save for a fixed term between 1 month and 12 monthsEnjoy the flexibility of saving for a period of time that you choose.
- Hassle free reinvestmentAt the end of the term, your deposit will be automatically renewed for the same period, unless you tell us otherwise.
|HKD||Hong Kong dollar
|NZD||New Zealand dollar|
|ZAR||South African rand|
Hong Kong dollar
|Currency||New Zealand dollar|
|Currency||South African rand|
- Interest is calculated daily and paid at maturity
- At the end of the term, your deposit will be automatically renewed for the same period, unless you tell us otherwise
- Charges apply if you make a withdrawal prior to the maturity of your Fixed Term Deposit1
If you’re new to HSBC Expat, you’ll need to hold a minimum GBP 50,000 or currency equivalent in deposits or investments with us or have a sole minimum salary of GBP 100,000 or currency equivalent.
You'll need to maintain a minimum balance of GBP 5,000, USD 5,000, EUR 10,000 or GBP 10,000 currency equivalent for other currencies.
Things you should know
How to apply
HSBC Expat customers
To apply for a Fixed term Deposit, simply log on to your existing online banking account and follow the onscreen instructions.
New to HSBC Expat
You can apply for a Fixed Term Deposit once you have opened an HSBC Expat Bank Account with us.
1There is a £50 charge payable for early closures, plus any additional costs to HSBC of funding the repayments. Partial withdrawal of funds is not permitted. Depending on when the withdrawal is made and the amount deposited, you may get back less than originally invested.
Interest rates are quoted for indication purposes only and are subject to variation.
AER (Annual Equivalent Rate): This is a notional interest rate which illustrates what the gross rate would be if interest were paid and compounded each year.
Gross: The interest rate before the deduction of tax applicable to interest on savings accounts.
It is your responsibility to report earnings to the appropriate tax authorities. However, all the interest you earn from your accounts may be subject to reporting to relevant tax authorities.
JERSEY DEPOSIT PROTECTION SCHEME
HSBC Expat is a participant in the Jersey Bank Depositor Compensation Scheme. The Scheme offers protection for eligible deposits of up to GBP 50,000. The maximum total amount of compensation is capped at GBP 100,000,000 in any 5 year period. Full details of the scheme and banking groups covered are available on the States of Jersey website or on request. Deposits and investments made with our office in Jersey are not protected by the rules made under the UK's Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, including the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, and the UK's Financial Ombudsman Service.
You might be interested in
Expat Bank Account
Open a bank account to benefit from our award-winning international banking services.
Online Bonus Saver
A flexible online savings account with instant access.
Little Expat Savings Account
An international savings account designed for your children.