Exchange services for expats
FX Order Watch
- Exchange a minimum of USD 50,000 or the currency equivalent per transaction
- Place a single order in over 20 currencies or one to 'take a profit' and another to 'stop a loss'
- Specify a target rate for automatic currency trading
- Set an expiry date for your order of up to 12 months in advance
- Receive a text or an email alert when your preferred rate is reached
- Set up an order or an alert over the phone or via the FX App
Bespoke foreign exchange plan
- Exchange a minimum of GBP 300,000 or the currency equivalent per year
- Pre-agreed margins based on size and frequency of transfers
- 24/7 online and phone trading platform
- Enhanced pricing for the trading platform, incoming funds and FX Order Watch
- Market updates on key political events and market data release dates
Things you should know
Eligibility for bespoke foreign exchange plan
To be eligible for the bespoke foreign exchange plan you must:
- hold a balance of GBP 500,000 or currency equivalent
- agree to transact a minimum of GBP 300,000 or the currency equivalent for the year
It's free to use these foreign exchange services but usual transaction fees apply.
Currencies availableExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Currency conversion risk
The value of currency constantly changes so we can't guarantee a profit or be held responsible for any loss.
Call us to find out more
Existing Premier customers
Please have your 10 digit PBN and 6 digit PIN to hand before you call. Lines are open Monday to Friday 7.30am–5pm UK time, except bank holidays.
New to HSBC Expat
To use our currency exchange services, you need an HSBC Expat account. Call us if you'd like to find out how to apply for one.
You might be interested in
Link and make transfers
Use Global View and Global Transfers to link and move money between your global HSBC accounts.