Forex services for expats
The FX App built for your expat life
- FX at your preferred ratesTransacting on the app will give you access to better rates than on any other HSBC channel.
- Fix your desired ratesSet up a Limit Order and we'll convert your currency as soon as the exchange rate reaches the agreed level. Limit Orders are available in EUR, GBP, AUD, NZD, USD, CAD, CHF, SGD, HKD, JPY and THB on the FX App.
- View live market insightsFind all the insights you need to make informed decisions, including currency comparisons, volatility data and a live news feed from Thomson Reuters.
- Get faster accessConvenience matters. Our app is. quick, secure and simple to use, plus iOS users can log in using Face or Touch ID.
- All your FX, all in one placeSee all your HSBC accounts in one place, so it’s easy to follow rates, make transfers and stay in control.
|FX App||Over the phone|
|Minimum exchange||USD 1.50||USD 50,000|
|Maximum exchange||USD 658,450||Unlimited|
|How many currencies are available||11||20|
|Set an expiry date for up to||3 months||12 months|
|Type of order||Limit||Limit and Stop|
|Alert when your preferred rate is reached||Text or an email||Relationship Manager contact|
|FX App||USD 1.50|
|Over the phone||USD 50,000|
|FX App||USD 658,450|
|Over the phone||Unlimited|
|How many currencies are available|
|Over the phone||20|
|Set an expiry date for up to|
|FX App||3 months|
|Over the phone||12 months|
|Type of order|
|Over the phone||Limit and Stop|
|Alert when your preferred rate is reached|
|FX App||Text or an email|
|Over the phone||Relationship Manager contact|
Personalised FX plan
- Get rewarded for your loyalty with bespoke rates
- Available through your Relationship manager if you have transacted over USD 325,000 or currency equivalent in the previous year
- 24/7 online and phone trading platform
- Enhanced pricing for the trading platform, incoming funds and FX Order Watch
- Market updates on key political events and market data release dates
Things you should know
It's free to use these foreign exchange services but usual transaction fees apply.
Currency conversion risk
The value of currency constantly changes so we can't guarantee a profit or be held responsible for any loss.
Call us to find out more
Existing Premier customers
Please have your 10 digit PBN and 6 digit PIN to hand before you call. Lines are open Monday to Friday 7.30am–5pm UK time, except bank holidays.
New to HSBC Expat
To use our currency exchange services, you need an HSBC Expat account. From multi-currency savings accounts to our FX app, discover all of the reasons to bank with us and open your Expat account today.
You might be interested in
Link and make transfers
Use Global View and Global Transfers to link and move money between your global HSBC accounts.