Why open a local account?
Whether you're looking to move, invest or study abroad, we can help you open an account in another destination, so you can manage your money around the world more easily.
- Open an account before arriving at your destination
- View all your worldwide HSBC accounts online in one place
- Transfer your credit history to your new destination
- Make instant global transfers between your HSBC accounts
- Enjoy the same HSBC Jade and Premier privileges in eligible markets
How it works
1. Choose your destination
2. Check your eligibility
3. Start your application
Where you can open an account
You can apply for an account in the following destinations:
Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bermuda, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Greece, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Macau SAR, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Turkey, UAE, UK, USA and Vietnam.
In some locations, you may need to visit a local branch to open your account.
Ready to apply?
Apply for a local account
Tell us your current location and where you'd like to open your account and we'll walk you through the next steps.
Expat Bank Account
Overseas account not for you? Our multi-currency Expat Bank Account is available in USD, EUR or GBP and moves with you, wherever you go.