Why open a local account?
- Open an account before arriving at your destination
- View all your worldwide HSBC accounts online in one place
- Transfer your credit history to your new destination
- Make instant global transfers between your HSBC accounts
- Enjoy the same HSBC Jade and Premier privileges in eligible markets
How it works
Select 'Get started' and we'll take you through the following steps to get your application underway.
1. Choose your destination
Select your current location and where you'd like to open an account. We can help you open an account in more than 30 countries and regions worldwide.
2. Check your eligibility
You can apply if you're at least 18 years old and have a valid reason for opening an account, such as moving or investing overseas. There may be different requirements depending on where you're opening the account.
3. Start your application
We'll show you how to apply online, at a branch or through our International Banking Centre. We'll also let you know what documents you'll need.