Managing your money anywhere in the world
Our Expat bank account gives you the flexibility to manage your money while you're living or working abroad. Regardless of how often you move you'll have full control over your finances.
New HSBC Expat customers can enjoy all the benefits of the HSBC Premier service including a Premier Relationship Manager to help you and your family manage your money.
To join HSBC Expat, you must be 18 years or over and meet one of these criteria:
- hold a minimum of £50,000 (or currency equivalent) with us
- have a sole salary of £100,000 (or currency equivalent)
- have already qualified for HSBC Premier in another country
And you must currently reside or be situated in an eligible country or region.
Which countries and regions are eligible to apply for a HSBC Expat Current Account
If you do not qualify for an HSBC Expat account, but still need an account in another country you may be interested in our additional international services.
|Benefits of an HSBC Expat account|
- Enjoy an extra 0.20% AER / Gross welcome bonus interest on GBP, USD, HKD and AED Fixed Term Deposit accounts opened within 90 days of opening your first Expat bank account. Terms and conditions apply (PDF)
- Save up to 40% on foreign exchange if you’ve recently joined HSBC Expat, and make your first transaction between $75,000 and $149,999 over the phone. Eligible for new joiners from 2 November to 31 December on transactions until 31 January 2021. Terms and conditions apply (PDF)
- Current accounts available in Pound sterling, United States dollar and Euro
- Open additional savings accounts in Hong Kong dollar, United Arab Emirates dirham, Australian dollar and 16 other currencies
- Manage your Forex needs and get exclusive rates with our HSBC Expat FX App
- Access you accounts any time with our mobile banking app, online banking and 24/7 telephone banking
- Complimentary travel security services from WorldAware®
- International offices based in Jersey (Channel Islands) and Hong Kong
- Get help setting up your local bank accounts for when you arrive in a new country
Your Expat account provides a place for your money to grow in a convenient, central location. It connects to your home account, for financial commitments in your home country, and to your local accounts, for everyday expenses in the country you’ve moved to. Allowing you to manage all your eligible HSBC accounts from one place.
Banking in an offshore jurisdiction
Your HSBC Expat Bank Account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
We may not be able to offer accounts in every country or region.1
You might be interested in
Why HSBC Expat
Whether you're moving abroad, are already there or have financial interests internationally, we'll help you manage your money.
Compare interest rates
View our interest rates on our range of savings accounts in up to 19 currencies.
1HSBC Expat products and services are available only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by us. The material on these pages is not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions which restrict the distribution of this material by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about any relevant restrictions and observe them. Not all products or services mentioned on this website will be available to residents of all countries, due to HSBC Policy.