Managing your money anywhere in the world
Our Expat bank account gives you the flexibility to manage your money while you're living or working abroad. Regardless of how often you move you'll have full control over your finances.
New HSBC Expat customers can enjoy all the benefits of the HSBC Premier service including a Premier Relationship Manager to help you and your family manage your money.
To join HSBC Expat, you must be 18 years or over and meet one of these criteria:
- hold a minimum of £50,000 (or currency equivalent) with us
- have a sole salary of £100,000 (or currency equivalent)
- have already qualified for HSBC Premier in another country
And you must currently reside or be situated in an eligible country
Which countries are eligible to apply for a HSBC Expat Current Account
If you do not qualify for an HSBC Expat account, but still need an account in another country you may be interested in our additional international services.
|Benefits of an HSBC Expat account|
- Current accounts available in Pound sterling, United States dollar and Euro
- Open additional savings accounts in Hong Kong dollar, United Arab Emirates dirham, Australian dollar and 16 other currencies
- Manage your Forex needs and get exclusive rates with our HSBC Expat FX App
- Access you accounts any time with our mobile banking app, online banking and 24/7 telephone banking
- Complimentary travel security services from WorldAware®
- International offices based in Jersey (Channel Islands) and Hong Kong
- Get help setting up your local bank accounts for when you arrive in a new country
Your Expat account provides a place for your money to grow in a convenient, central location. It connects to your home account, for financial commitments in your home country, and to your local accounts, for everyday expenses in the country you’ve moved to. Allowing you to manage all your eligible HSBC accounts from one place.
You might be interested in
Why HSBC Expat
Whether you're moving abroad, are already there or have financial interests internationally, we'll help you manage your money.
Compare interest rates
View our interest rates on our range of savings accounts in up to 19 currencies.