The FX app built for your expat life
Whether you're managing a life abroad or looking after finances in another country, our HSBC Expat FX app, designed specifically for our customers, is here to help.
View all your bank accounts in one place, make informed forex decisions using our helpful market insights, convert currency at your preferred rate by setting up a Limit Order1 and make global transfers in a few simple steps.
Why you'll love the FX app
- Get exclusive rates on the HSBC Expat FX appWith up to 20% discount on foreign exchange transactions booked up to 44,999.99 USD. Limited time offer ends 31 March. Terms and conditions apply (PDF).
Discounts will be subject to transaction size: 0 to 7,499 USD = 20%; 7,500 to 18,749 USD = 14.5%; 18,750 to 26,249 USD = 7.4%; 26,250 to 44,999 USD = 5.9%.
- Your world in one pageWhether the currency is USD, GBP or Thai Baht, you can view all of your HSBC bank accounts, local and overseas, all in one consolidated view. Perfect for checking your balance, paying bills and arranging transfers.
- Live Market Insights and newsKnowledge is power, so our FX app gives you in-depth insights all in one place, from currency comparisons to volatility data - and a live news feed from Thomson Reuters.
- Limit Orders & Rate Alerts on the goSet up a Limit Order or an alert and we'll track exchange rates for you. We can then either automatically convert as soon as the exchange rate reaches the agreed level or notify you via SMS and email.
- Access using Touch and Face IDWhen you’re on the go, convenience matters. Log in quickly and securely using Touch ID or Face ID2. On your first log in you will need your online banking credentials.
Limit Order and Price Alert services
We want to help you make more informed FX decisions so you can use our foreign exchange services to perform forex transactions when the time is right for you. Both Limit Orders and Price Alerts are available on the phone and through the HSBC FX app.
A Limit Order is an instruction placed to execute a foreign exchange transaction when a specified rate hits. The order will last three months and end if the rate is not met during that time. You can also cancel the order if you change your mind.
A Price Alert is a notification when a specified rate hits. Allowing you to decide whether to execute the transaction.
Get the FX app
Already bank with us? Download the FX app today
If you're already a customer, simply scan the QR code using your camera on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device to download the HSBC FX app and get started!
You will need your online banking username, memorable question and password handy to log in for the first time, after that you can log in quickly and securely using Touch ID or Face ID.
Get the app on iOS
Get the app on Android
New to HSBC Expat
To benefit from our FX app, you will need to open an HSBC Expat Bank Account with us first. Discover all of the reasons to bank with us and other benefits we have to offer by applying online.
Frequently asked questions
How do I download and use the FX app?
How is the FX app different to the Mobile Banking app?
What is a Limit Order?
Is there a hold placed on my funds when I set up a Limit Order?
What devices can I use the FX app on?
What fees apply?
You may be interested in
Banking in multiple currencies
Manage your money in different currencies through offshore accounts.
Foreign exchange services
Trade currency through FX Order Watch and find out about our bespoke FX plan.