Mortgages and loans for expats
We can help you make the most of your money with our award-winning international banking services, including buy to let mortgages, unsecured or secured loans and foreign currency lending.
How we can help you
- Expat buy-to-let mortgages for UK propertiesInvest in the UK property market by purchasing a rental property
- International mortgage connectionsWith teams all over the world we can help connect you for your next purchase
- Credit cards in GBP and charge cards in USD or EURChoose the rewards, and currency to suit your lifestyle.
- Current account available in GBP, USD and EURKeep your account in one place while you focus on expat life.
Opening a bank account with HSBC Expat
To benefit from our international mortgages and lending products, you’ll need to open an HSBC Expat Bank Account. Our account stays with you no matter how many times you move, so you can easily manage your global finances from one account.
- Open your first HSBC Expat account and get £200 on us* when you fund £50,000 and register for digital banking within 3 months of opening your account.*Or currency equivalent. Limited offer ends 31 March. Terms and conditions apply (PDF)
- Enjoy an extra 0.20% AER / Gross welcome bonus interest on GBP, USD, HKD and AED Fixed Term Deposit accounts opened within 90 days of opening your first Expat bank account. Terms and conditions apply (PDF)
- Multicurrency savings accounts in Australian dollar, US dollar, Hong Kong dollar, United Arab Emirates dirham, and 15 other currencies
- Complimentary travel security services from WorldAware®
- HSBC Expat FX App to make informed forex transactions
- 24/7 phone, online banking and mobile app
- A relationship manager to help you and your family manage your money
- International offices based in Jersey (Channel Islands) and Hong Kong
New HSBC Expat customers must be 18 years or over and meet one of these criteria:
- hold a minimum of £50,000 (or currency equivalent) with us
- have a sole salary of £100,000 (or currency equivalent)
- have already qualified for HSBC Premier in another country
And you must currently reside or be situated in an eligible country or region.
Which countries and regions are eligible to apply for a HSBC Expat Current Account
How to apply
Not yet an HSBC Expat customer?
You're only a few steps away from joining us online
Banking in an offshore jurisdiction
Your HSBC Expat Bank Account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
We may not be able to offer accounts in every country or region.1
1 HSBC Expat products and services are available only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by us. The material on these pages is not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions which restrict the distribution of this material by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about any relevant restrictions and observe them. Not all products or services mentioned on this website will be available to residents of all countries, due to HSBC Policy.
Subject to status. Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
You should always think carefully before purchasing a buy-to-let property. The value of a property is a matter of opinion and not a matter of fact, not all properties will grow in value or provide sufficient income to cover all your associated costs. You will be responsible for your costs even if you do not have a tenant. Property can also be difficult to sell and you may not be able to sell quickly if you need to do so.