Mortgages and loans for expats
We can help you make the most of your money with our award-winning international banking services, including buy to let mortgages, unsecured or secured loans and foreign currency lending.
Already an HSBC Expat customer?
How we can help you
- Expat buy-to-let mortgages for UK propertiesInvest in the UK property market by purchasing a rental property
- International mortgage connectionsWith teams all over the world we can help connect you for your next purchase
- Credit cards in GBPChoose the rewards, and currency to suit your lifestyle.
- Current account available in GBP, USD and EURKeep your account in one place while you focus on expat life.
Opening a bank account with HSBC Expat
To benefit from our international mortgages and lending products, you’ll need to open an HSBC Expat Bank Account. Our account stays with you no matter how many times you move, so you can easily manage your global finances from one account.
- Current accounts available in Pound sterling, United States dollar and Euro
- Open a Global Money account to make payments in 19 different currencies using only one account
- Multicurrency savings accounts in Australian dollar, US dollar, Hong Kong dollar, United Arab Emirates dirham, and 15 other currencies
- Complimentary travel security services from Crisis24
- Mobile FX services to make informed foreign exchange transactions
- Phone, online banking and mobile app
- HSBC Expat Premier customers benefit from a Premier Relationship Manager to help you and your family manage your money
- International offices based in Jersey (Channel Islands) and Hong Kong
How to apply
You're only a few steps away from joining us online
Banking in an offshore jurisdiction
Your HSBC Expat Bank Account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
We may not be able to offer accounts in every country or region.2
2 HSBC Expat products and services are available only in jurisdictions where and when they may be lawfully offered by us. The material on these pages is not intended for use by persons located in or resident in jurisdictions which restrict the distribution of this material by us. Persons accessing these pages are required to inform themselves about any relevant restrictions and observe them. Not all products or services mentioned on this website will be available to residents of all countries, due to HSBC Policy.
Subject to status. Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
You should always think carefully before purchasing a buy-to-let property. The value of a property is a matter of opinion and not a matter of fact, not all properties will grow in value or provide sufficient income to cover all your associated costs. You will be responsible for your costs even if you do not have a tenant. Property can also be difficult to sell and you may not be able to sell quickly if you need to do so.