Global banking with HSBC
- Your Premier status is recognised worldwide, giving you support wherever you go
- Access your eligible worldwide HSBC accounts via a single log on, and benefit from fee-free Global Transfers between them
- Open accounts in the country you’re moving to before you arrive, free of charge
Make informed foreign exchange (FX) decisions
- The HSBC Expat FX App has everything you need, including the option to set up FX Order Watch so you can track exchange rates and automatically convert your money when it reaches the agreed rate
- Use the app or subscribe to emails to stay up to date with the latest currency insights, from currency comparisons to volatility data
- Enjoy our best exchange rates and the certainty of live rates1 updated minute by minute during market hours
Expat tax services
- You’re entitled to a free, one hour consultation with EY to discuss your international tax requirements and how they could assist you
- EY can also provide a single point of contact to coordinate all your worldwide tax returns if you have tax obligation is several countries
- Our Global Tax Navigator is designed to help you understand your tax requirements
Join HSBC Premier today
To join HSBC Premier, you must be 18 years or over and meet one of these criteria:
- hold a minimum of £50,000 (or currency equivalent) with us
- have a sole salary of £100,000 (or currency equivalent)
- have already qualified for HSBC Premier in another country
And you must currently reside in an eligible country or region
Which countries and regions are eligible to apply for a HSBC Expat Current Account
Existing HSBC Expat customers
If you’re an existing customer with an Advance account call us and quote your 10 digit PBN and 6 digit PIN to upgrade to Premier.
New to HSBC Expat customers
Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls may be monitored and/or recorded for security and service improvement purposes.
If you do not already have a tax adviser, HSBC can refer you to EY and their International Tax Services. On referral, you will become a customer of EY and subject to terms and conditions that you agree with them for their services. EY is independent of HSBC and HSBC will have no liability for the services provided by EY.
1Live exchange rates will be provided between the opening hours of the Hong Kong Market on Monday morning (local time) and the close of the New York Market on Friday afternoon (local time) - excluding public holidays and unexpected closures. Transfers made outside of these hours will be based on the most recent closing foreign exchange rates from New York or Hong Kong as applicable, and includes an additional premium in the exchange rate provided.
Changes in the exchange rate may impact upon your return, if you convert funds back to the original currency.